Apr 29, 2013

Home-Made Hamburger Buns (Bread Machine)

Current Inspire Me Friday link-up HERE!



Homemade Hamburger Buns

I will never buy hamburger buns 
or sandwich rolls again!

Seriously!

Since finding this recipe I have 
made these buns at least every 
other day! They are now a 
favorite among family and 
friends.

Home made Hamburger Buns

Ingredients

    • 1 1/4 cups milk, slightly warmed
    • 1 beaten egg
    • 2 tablespoons butter
    • 1/4 cup white sugar
    • 3/4 teaspoon salt
    • 3 3/4 cups bread flour
    • 1 1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast

Directions

  1. Place all ingredients in pan of bread machine according to manufacturer's directions.
  2. Select dough setting.
  3. When cycle is complete, turn out onto floured surface.
  4. Cut dough in half and roll each half out to a 1" thick circle.
  5. Cut each half into six 3 1/2" rounds with inverted glass as a cutter.
  6. Place on greased baking sheet far apart and brush with melted butter.
  7. Cover and let rise until doubled, about one hour.
  8. Bake at 350° for 9 minutes.
    Note: Oven temperatures vary so check after 9 minutes to see if done. Some reviewers baked these anywhere from 12 to 30 minutes.
    from Food.com

Honestly, I make these so often, I don't even roll them into cute little bun shapes any more.  super easy!

hot from the oven -
cooling on parchment paper on the cooling rack


Do you enjoy home made bread?  
Do you own a bread machine?


Follow on Bloglovin
♥ Follow Me On Bloglovin'

7 comments:

  1. These look so so yummy - I make my own pizza dough and occasionally a nice crusty loaf - I don't have a bread machine though so it's made by hand :-) Hard work but worth it. Love the look of these buns though. TFS Oh and thanks for becoming my latest follower ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am SO going to try this! I LOVE my breadmaker and use it quite often...never have tried rolls though.
    Thanks for sharing the recipe :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy! I used to have a bread machine and used it all the time. With all our moving and down-sizing each time, I got rid of it thinking I'd replace it once we got settled again. I've been on the search for a good one for quite a while. Doesn't seem to be as many choices out there anymore for bread machines. But I'll keep this recipe handy for that day when one lives in our home again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh boy.. bread is my weakness, and is the last thing I need...lol This looks yum, yummy! Loving your new blog, and just wanted to say hi :-)

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. My goodness, look at you! These look wonderful, Maria, and I'm sure they are so much healthier being homemade. I am totally intimidated by even the thought of trying to make bread...so out of my comfort zone!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hubby make lovely home-made burgers! He is thinking of getting a bread makers though! Lovely new BloG!!
    (Lyn)

    ReplyDelete
  7. My mom used to make our buns too...they were amazing. Yours look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, I enjoy hearing from you!
Blessings, Maria