Apr 24, 2013

The Chicken Coop is now open!

We've added six little ladies to our family. 

out from the heat lamp and into the sunlight

They've reached their six week milestone and 
are moving into their newly built chicken coop. 
Can you see the excitement in their eyes?  

When their little chicken feet first touched the 
grass, they froze like statues. They weren't sure
how to walk in it. too funny!

marching one by one to their new home
The kids gently marched them to their new home.


We have raised chickens off & on throughout 
our married life, mostly the Araucana chickens 
that lay the blue eggs. However, after a harrowing
dog experience we took a break. 

Now since building the new reinforced coop, I'm 
hoping this flock survives and supplies us with 
lovely fresh eggs over the next few years! 

Have you ever raised chickens?

Follow on Bloglovin
♥ Follow Me On Bloglovin'

sharing with -

6 comments:

  1. OMGoodness, look at those little cuties! And what a fun blog, Maria! I had no idea.....:)
    Love your new little babies. I've never raised chickens, but one of my closest friends does, and I live a little vicariously through her. I am completely stunned by her Easter Egger chickens! She's having some problems, though. Predation has been a bad issue for her...(:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here I am, Maria! You know I would follow you anyplace :) Your new blog is so clean and tidy - love it :) Good luck, my friend. Your chicks are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love them Maria!!
    I have 7 girls right now that are about 4 1/2 years old. There is nothing better than fresh eggs!!!
    Do you have older birds that you are adding these babies to? Always wondered about how to add to a flock without causing too much trouble between the older ones.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm here... Love your new blog. Really missed you while you were on break and happy to have your back.

    Have a creative day.
    Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are so beautiful, I love the colouring!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for sharing Maria ! These are so so sweet ! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, I enjoy hearing from you!
Blessings, Maria