Mar 1, 2014

Easy Chocolate Cake - NO EGGS! printable recipe



Ahh, nothing quite says love like chocolate cake 
with peanut butter icing. at my house, at least!

This is my GO-TO chocolate cake and 
#1 requested cake for birthdays!  
It whips up in a flash and is moist, 
delicious and oh-so-easy to make!

It starts with 3 easy steps...
1. melt a stick of butter, remove from heat.
2. stir in the vinegar, vanilla & 2 cups of water.
3. Set aside...that's it for the wet ingredients!

For the dry ingredients:
Combine your flour, sugar, cocoa powder, 
baking soda & salt.


Stir the butter mixture into the 
dry ingredients with a FORK
until the lumps disappear.

Pour into a cake pan and bake!



Top it with your favorite frosting or 
a dollop of whipped cream!

Check out my "quick" tips below!
Enjoy!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chocolate Cake - NO Eggs

½ cup butter
 2 tsp. vinegar
 2 tsp. vanilla
 2 cups water
 3 cups all-purpose flour
 2 cups sugar
 6 Tbsp. cocoa powder
 2 tsp. baking soda
 1 tsp. salt

Melt butter, remove from heat,
Stir in vinegar, vanilla and 2 cups of water.
Set aside.

Combine flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda and salt.
WITH FORK, stir butter mixture into dry ingredients
until lumps disappear and mix is smooth.

Bake @ 350°F. for 30 minutes or until toothpick comes
out clean.

Chocolate Cake - NO Eggs from Maria Matter @ Five Simple Things 2014


-------------------------------------------------------------------


TIPS
-this cake mixes up so easily, 
you can just mix it up right in your 
cake pan then pop it in the oven,
no need to dirty a bowl!

-to pull this cake together even
quicker; combine the dry ingredients
together in a mason jar to keep on 
hand. Kinda like a boxed cake mix!


Thanks so much for stopping by. I'll share my delicious peanut butter icing recipe along with some other 
favorites this coming week.

Follow on Bloglovin
♥ Follow Me On Bloglovin'

3 comments:

  1. My mom called this "Crazy Cake" when I was growing up. Crazy, because it had no eggs, I guess??? Anyway, it was a fave! I haven't made it for years, but I think I need to now that I am reminded of it. I have the recipe in my file. :)
    <3 J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com
    HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, I enjoy hearing from you!
Blessings, Maria